At New Ford Academy we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our
children & families.
We believe that a child’s welfare is of paramount importance; we are a child centred Academy
Our aim is to protect and establish a safe environment in which our children can learn and develop.
The following procedures are part of our standard safeguarding roles & responsibilities:
- Children know who they can talk to if they have a concern
- All staff complete the Safeguarding Level 1 training
- Safeguarding practices and procedures are included in the induction process for new members of staff
- Recruitment of new staff is led by a member of staff trained in Safer Recruitment
- Safeguarding leads and other senior staff members complete Safeguarding training level 2 & 3
- Designated Safeguarding leads and the Families team have a weekly information sharing meeting
- There is a safeguarding link governor who regularly monitors safeguarding procedures and internal practices.
- All staff are trained and confident in using our Safeguarding software to report concerns
- Volunteers, supply staff and visitors to New Ford Academy are introduced to our safeguarding expectations and procedures.
- We work closely to support all other agencies working with our children and families.
- We are compliant with Department for Education and local authority safeguarding documents and guidance.
All school staff receive regular safeguarding training. We also have three members of staff who have received enhanced training and who lead on safeguarding in the school:
Designated Safeguarding Lead - Miss S. Ashley
Deputy Safeguarding Lead - Miss E. Ford
Deputy Safeguarding Lead - Mrs M. Kelsall - firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding Link Governor - Mrs J. Chadwick
Should you wish to speak to anyone about Safeguarding at New Ford, please email us on email@example.com
You can also phone us on 01782 234605 extension 3
SAFEGUARDING CONTACT NUMBER
If during the holidays/out of school hours, you are concerned about the safety of a child or young person or see something in the community please report it to the Stoke on Trent Safeguarding Team on 01782 235100. Anyone can make a referral. You could also phone 101. We all have a care of duty.
Contact the Safeguarding Team
If you have any concerns or worries, no matter how small, please feel free to contact us using the form below, a member of our safeguarding team will get back to you. (If you have a concern out of school term time please contact: Stoke on Trent Safeguarding Team on 01782 235100 or in an emergency 999 or 101 for non-emergency)